Thursday, October 9, 2008

Flourless Cake from Laurent Bernard Chocolatier

I have never fancy flourless chocolate cake as the ones I have tried have a rough and dense texture. Having heard about Laurent Bernard Chocolatier and his famous no photo policy, to buy a flourless chocolate cake from Laurent Bernard Chocolatier, is something Yuan won't believe I will do, particularly when I am on MC.


I chanced upon their new branch while daddy drove along Portsdown Road and was alittle disappointed that chocolate tarts were not available. Anyway, it was pretty early, around 9 plus so I was happy that I managed to purchase a slice of flourless chocolate cake and chocolate truffle.

The owner of this branch is a Caucasian young lady and I enjoy the little chat we had in the morning. It is hard to believe the no photo policy in their Robertson Walk branch would create quite a stir. Nevertheless, the ambience of this branch is nice and it is a good place to have a lazy afternoon high tea. A very tranquil place...

The texture of this flourless chocolate cake, surprisingly is soft with a springy effect. Daddy told me this cake is pretty sweet but I didn't feel it, probably due to the medicines I took earlier this morning. Nevertheless, it is a cake with nice texture and I won't hesitate to drop by Laurent Bernard Chocolatier, maybe for their chocolate souffle and hot chocolate. Each slice of flourless chocolate cake costs $6.80 (excluding 7% GST).

Laurent Bernard chocolatier
Laurent's Cafe & Chocolate Bar
5B Portsdown Road
#01-02
Singapore 139 311
Tel: 6475 4182

http://www.nibschocolate.net/

3 comments:

julie said...

i think the chocolate tart was alot nicer than the flourless cake...and the souffle is a MUST!

so this branch allows phototaking? surprising the lady is so friendly cos the mr laurent is quite a (^*%^*%^*

i love the portsdown area, its so rustic! there's this bar next door called klee, which is the jazz sister joint of timbre...its a nice place to chill out too.

Fen said...

I didn't get to eat the chocolate tart... It was too early (about 9plus in the morning). In fact, I was on my way to pick up some documents from my workplace after seeing the doctor. :(

Yeh, I was planning to try their chocolate tart and souffle, probably this Wednesday, maybe at this branch...

I am not sure about the phototaking policy for this branch but the alfresco sitting area will be a little hard for the staff to stop phototaking. I will try my luck and let you guys know...

The lady is friendly, with a smiling face and pleasant with her speech.

Not very familiar with Portsdown Road, just happen that my dad drove thru that morning...

P.S. I thought it was an Italian restaurant beside Laurent Benard.

julie said...

yeah i think piesantra is there..but further up the hill is this bar (i guess it opens at night)..plays nice jazz..gotta reserve seats cos there;s only one group table indoors the rest are single bar seats along a really long bar...

they don't have a drink list..just tell them what you like (or dun drink) and they'll concoct something..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin