Friday, October 24, 2008

Ben & Jerry's

From their menu of Specialty Sundaes, we have chosen the double Belgian waffle ($13.30) with Cookie Dough and Chocolate Therapy since I was craving for U.d.d.e.r.s’ waffle.


Ever since they opened, Ben and Jerry has appealed to Yuan due to its the huge chunks of goodies in their ice-cream. We used to frequent the branch at The Cathay due to its spacious sitting area but I am not sure if they still have live bands performance on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Anyway, I stopped patronizing Ben and Jerry's ever since they removed Dublin Mudslide and I thought the ice-cream was a little too sweet as I get older.
___________________________________________________________

Fen's comments

I kinda of regret choosing Ben & Jerry's over U.d.d.e.r.s as I was trying to curb my cravings for waffles. However, I don't deny the fact that Ben & Jerry's ice-cream still tastes just as good as before, particularly the additional chunkiness of fruits, nuts, cookies (ultimately that is the uniqueness of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream). But they are generally on the sweeter side so those who are cautious with calorie intake, each serving is around 270 cal.

As for the waffle, it is soft and the dough is not too bad. I would say it is pretty mild and not as yummy as Gelare nor as cakey as U.d.d.e.r.s .
___________________________________________________________

Yuan's comments

Ben and Jerry has this cheerful atmosphere and will certainly cheer you up when you are down. I ordered the waffle as I was considering doing a waffle special and how can we miss out on Ben and Jerry's.

Essentially if you are a waffle fan, you would probably be slightly disappointed. The texture is kind of soft and lack the aroma. However this flaw is kind of compensated by the excellent ice cream served at Ben and Jerry's. Their ice cream is famous for its chunkiness and creaminess. At $13.30, this waffle is kind of steep. Generally I would say its worth a try if you are bored of eating their ice cream in cones or cups.
___________________________________________________________

With 12 branches round Singapore, the pictures taken is from the branch at United Square...

Ben and Jerry's (United Square)
#02-K1
101 Thomson Road
Singapore 307591
Tel: 6255 5957

http://www.benjerry.com.sg/

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin