Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chocolate Tart from Laurent's Cafe & Chocolate Bar

Chocolate Tart ($7.80 w/o GST)

When I first mentioned about my visit to Laurent Benard, Kyn mentioned about their chocolate tart. Oh yeh, I didn't get that because it was too early in the morning and the tarts weren't available. Now, I finally get to eat it, 3 days after my first visit.

Chocolate Tart

This is Larent's most popular dessert, made of a crispy hazelnut base and dark chocolate cream. you can't go wrong with it.
______________________________________________________________

Fen's comments

The moment Yuan took the first bite, he instantly knows why I was smiling and practically in seventh heaven. I am a fanatic of hazelnut praline and this was instantly my favourite. You will see it soon under my Hazelnut-chocolate mousse special.

The triple chocolate was not sweet and I love the rich and smooth chocolate. Just beneath the chocolate is the hazelnut praline. Yes, it is crunchy with the right amount of hazelnut taste and lastly, it has the almond tartlet pastry that is thin and crispy. With 3 extreme levels of texture and taste, one word to describe... "Heavenly..."

My goodness, just typing this entry, makes me crave for more...
______________________________________________________________

Yuan's comments

Those who love hazelnut nut praline should give one a shot. Creamy milk chocolate with a thin layer of hazelnut praline and crispy crust. The proportion was simply just right. You will first taste the smoothness of the fine Laurent chocolate then you will feel the taste of hazelnut praline then the crunchy bit of the tart completes the chocolate indulgence. I guess the tart really makes the usual chocolate hazelnut praline better.
______________________________________________________________

Laurent Bernard chocolatier

Laurent's Cafe & Chocolate Bar
5B Portsdown Road
#01-02
Singapore 139 311
Tel: 6475 4182

http://www.nibschocolate.net/

Operating hours -
9am to 6pm (Tues to Thurs, Sun)
9am to midnight (Fri & Sat)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin