Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chocolats from Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie

Sweetie bought me a box of chocolates to cheer me up. I have nothing to add but I guessed I am privilege to know him... Despite me being unreasonable and temperamental, he has never fail to stay by my side. No wonder, my colleagues and friends always remind me to treasure him and not go overboard...


A box of 4 will cost $11.50 (excluding 7% GST) and individual pieces of chocolat will be $2.60 so the box cost a dollar.


Starting from the left...

ROYALE
55% dark chocolate ganache with chocolate feullitine biscuit enrobed in dark chocolate.

NOISSETINE
Dark ganache and roasted hazelnut enrobed in dark chocolate.

TENDRESSE
Dark and milk chocolate ganache, soft almond nougat with candied orange peel enrobed in dark chocolate.

QUAD
Dark and milk chocolate ganache and four spices — cinnamon, anise, cardamon, pepper, enrobed in dark chocolate.

__________________________________________________________________

Fen's comments

These chocolates are so pricey and I really couldn't bear to pop it in my mouth. Generally Canelé chocolats are bitterly sweet due to its high chocolate content. However, I have to admit they are extremely smooth and rich. My preference, starting from my favourite is noissetine, royale, quad and tendresse...
__________________________________________________________________

Yuan's comments

I agree with Fen, most of Canele's chocolates are bittery sweet. Hence you don't really need to try the whole series to taste all of Canele's chocolates. As I am really no expert in chocolate, the only comment that I can make is that the only difference between expensive chocolate and cheap chocolate is just the texture.
__________________________________________________________________

Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie (Raffles City Shopping Centre )
252 North Bridge Road,
#B1-81/82 Raffles City Shopping Centre,
Singapore 179103

Tel: 6334 7377
Operating hours - 11am to 10pm daily
http://www.canele.com.sg


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin