Monday, August 18, 2008

New York Cheesecake from Aroma

Cheesecakes... I am never a fan of it. Simply too rich. I thought cheese on its own taste the best since it is salty by nature. Anyway, the last time I ate a good cheesecake was Hilton. Through this cake spree, although I have bought a couple of New York Cheesecake, the tester is never me but my dearest sister, 小湘. I generally prefer Japanese light cheesecake.


Anyway, among the few (Classic cakes, Checkers Deli, Cafe Cartel) that I managed to get a mouthful, this is pretty close to the one from Checkers Deli (Hilton, Singapore). The texture is smooth and rich, unlike the other 2 which have a slight grainy texture. In addition, it does not have a sourish after-taste (i.e. Cafe Cartel has too much lemon) and the base is the digestive biscuits sort, not the chocolate type like Classic cakes.

The only difference between this and Checkers Deli is that the latter has a nicer baked top. Also, Checkers Deli's feels like Ritz biscuits melting in your mouth and that the base is smoother and less grainy. Thus, Checkers Deli's is slightly better than Aroma's. Nevertheless, this cheesecake is still worth a try.

Aroma
InterContinental Singapore
80 Middle Road
Singapore 188966
Tel: 6825 1058
Opens daily from 7am to 10pm

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin