Saturday, August 9, 2008

No. 41. Pandan Chiffon Cake from Bengawan Solo

Pandan Chiffon ($0.80 per slice): In terms of texture, this is one of the best chiffon cakes around. Slightly moist but not oily and very soft. However one thing which i dislike about this cake is the coconut taste. I feel that a pandan chiffon should be purely pandan. Thus I prefer the chiffon from Jerry Cookies over Bengawan.

____________________________________________________________

Fen's comments

It is amazing how Yuan's taste buds are especially when it comes to subtle taste. The very first statement he made after eating this was "Jerry's". When I took my first bite, I was like, the texture is one of the best. Soft, fine and springy. Although Jerry cookies is good but I highlight to Yuan that it is not as soft as Bengawan. I don't know is it a childhood taste but who don't know about the wonderful kuehs made by Bengawan Solo. In fact, before I started on my cakes hunt, Bengawan Solo has been my choice for birthday cakes. Reasonably priced, convenient and fresh...

Anyway, why did I praise Yuan's taste buds? He took the second bite and told me, there is coconut taste... Frankly speaking, I couldn't tell, to me it is good...

Featured on the Sunday Times, listed as the No. 41 cake
"Made daily using freshly squeezed pandan juice and coconut milk, this Bengawan Solo signature favourite is light as air, and so fragrant."

Man, now I got to admit there is the presence of coconut taste even if I didn't feel it...

By the way, I agree hand-downs with the journalist's comment... "light as air, and so fragrant"... OH YES... Definitely...
____________________________________________________________

Bengawan Solo
United Square (Novena)
101 Thomson Road
#B1-52
Tel: 6251 6130
Business Hours: 9am - 9.30pm

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin