Saturday, August 30, 2008

Macarons from Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie

Pierre Herme rated the macarons from Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie the highest. So does these two macaron shells filled with delicious ganache that tempting?

I have ordered these before on my Mummy's birthday and my family including Yuan felt that it was too pricey for these almond biscuits. If I am not mistaken, we ordered the caramel sel, the dark chocolate and the hazelnut praline (hazelnut macaron, praline cream with roasted hazelnut).

That visit didn't convince me to eat more macarons only until recently...

It is a pity that the hazelnut praline was not available yesterday and thus we stick to the floral violette, the 70% dark chocolate (guanaja) and the milk chocolate feuillitine (milk chocolate ganache with a hazelnut almond praline feuillitine centre).

For your information, the dark chocolate is the one that is lying flat and we thought that eating their Le Royale is a better bet. Among the 3, both Yuan and I preferred the violette since the floral smell of the shells complements well with the vanilla cream. In fact, the colour of violette looks so lovely that I thought it was perfect as a gift for females.

Wanted to get some macarons as a gift for 2 but alas, BakerZin disappoints me the second round, I was at United Square BakerZin yesterday and apparently they didn't have any macarons for that day. Today when I dropped by Paragon BakerZin, they told me to drop by Wisma and Takashimaya for any purchase of macarons. Looks like the mooncakes order are getting them busy. Oh well, I just bought more macarons from Canelé.

Packed in their trademark colourful boxes... A box of 6 will cost $14.80.

Starting from the left, the milk chocolate feuillitine, violette, pistache, raspberry (out of stock for rose) and 2 dark chocolate...

_______________________________________________________________

Yuan's comments
To be fair to canele, we tried their macarons on the day after we tried amande. Indeed, there was little difference between the taste of their macarons. I would say that canele's macarons werely slightly less chewy then the one from amande. I think the main strength of the macarons at canele was the chocolate they used. The chocolate in their macarons bears resemblence to the le royale. Somehow or rather, i am beginning to feel that less flavours such as lavander or hazelnut would be better than chocolate for macarons. But for the reader who love chocolate flavoured macarons, give canele a shot.
_______________________________________________________________

Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie (Paragon)
290 Orchard Road,
#B1-25 Paragon,
Singapore 238859
Tel: 6733 8893

Operating hours: 11am to 10pm daily
http://www.canele.com.sg/

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin