Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Matcha Azuki from Ochacha

After trying the green tea opera from Mezza9, I am kind of determined to try the different variation of Matcha cake. I thought Green tea is getting popular with all the hype of anti-oxidants and its ability to prevent cancer. However, very little places actually have Azuki (red beans) layered with Matcha sponge. At least for now, we have little clues about where to go.

Anyway, my impression of this cake is pretty much the same as several months ago when I first tried it. The texture is generally rough and dry so I don't fancy it even though the green tea taste is pretty decent. For your information, each slice costs S$4 (excluding of 7% GST).

I guess I have mixed feelings about commenting Matcha cakes since in the first place, they are rare and not everybody likes it.

OChaCha
252 North Bridge Road
#B1-44F, Raffles City
Tel: 6333 5886

Do note that Ochacha @ Raffles City has closed but there is another branch at The Paragon (290 Orchard Road), #B1-25. The telephone number for the Paragon branch is 6737 3889.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin