Monday, September 22, 2008

Green Tea Red Bean Creame

As mentioned, Matcha cakes are always an acquired taste, either you like it or you hate it. So far, apart from Matcha Chiffon from Tampopo Deli, I find it hard to like most of the Matcha cakes I have tried so far. When the cake is too sweet, it lacks the sense of green tea. On the contrary, if it is too bitter, I would rather prefer the tea itself.

The Atrium Deli, located at Pan Pacific Hotel, do have quite a selection of cakes, ranging from the common ones like chocolate opera, tiramisu to unique ones such as their signature passionfruit cheesecake and matcha opera or matcha red bean. Decided to stick to Yuan's choice since he somehow or rather knows my preference, I decided to pick this particular one.

This cake contains 3 layers of matcha ladyfingers with matcha buttercream and red bean paste. The buttercream is smooth with a generous serving of red bean. Not too sweet but I thought it has a banana after-taste, might be due to the essence they used. As for the strength of Matcha taste in this cake, this is considered the mildest of the entire lot I have tried.

Personally, I didn't quite like it but as what I always say, hotel cakes has never disappoint in terms of the texture of the cake. The only question is whether you like the combination or flavour. Anyway, each sliced of this Green Tea Red Bean costs $6.00 (excluding of 7% GST).

By the way, I thought they have a 5-inch gigantic Eclairs, but I didn't see it.

Atrium Deli
Pan Pacific Singapore
7 Raffles Boulevard
Marina Square
Singapore 039595
Tel: 6826 8240

Operating hours - 7am to 9pm (Daily)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin