Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2am in the morning?

I am not sure when this opens but I am pretty sure that before this dessert bar comes along, it was previously a hairstyling salon. It was one afternoon in which I was walking to the bus stop that I saw the word, “dessert” which makes me wanna to explore this place.


The entrance is at the right hand corner if using this picture as a reference and a nice staircase leads you to a place which is completely different.

I simply fall in love with this place. The sofa seats are so widely extended that you just fill like cuddling those white cushions and couch in a corner, relaxing your mind. This is considered a luxury particularly after a day’s work.

This is more to a wine and beer place but they do have light main courses and desserts which allows you to chill out after work. I am so tempted to bring my female kakis along…

Alright, with a pretty abstract menu, we settle down with a tea, hot chocolate and a chocolate dessert…

Chocolate (S$14)
warm tart, wild nettle, salted caramel, blood orange sorbet

__________________________________________________________________

Fen's comments

Ahh, chocolate tart, a tart by definition is a pie without its top crust. This tart looks small but its chocolate taste is simply overwhelming. I love the light and soft top layer and beneath it is warm velvetly chocolate ganache oozing out. Not too sweet and it coats smoothly on my spoon, fork, servettes and mouth…

The crispy pastry case is of the right proportion and when eaten together with the chocolate, heavenly…

There are salted caramel and wild nettle sauce with cocoa powder and chcocolate bits which are crunchy and of course yummy. Nettle is a common name for between 30-45 species of flowering plants of the genus Urtica in the family Urticaceae. Anyway, the young Nettle is known to be a medical herb and it contains lots of vitamins, such as vitamin K and also anti-inflammatory properties. This provides the slight saltiness and sourish taste when eaten together with the chocolate tart.

The blood orange sorbet surprises me completely. I never fancy this as it is usually sour and icy but this one has only a slight tint of sourish and the texture is so fine and light. I gladly finish the entire sorbet up.

Although this place is alittle pricey but I won’t hesitate to drop by and try their other desserts. Maybe I should try pairing with their recommended drinks but sigh, if only they serve cocktails. Give me more reasons to come back.
__________________________________________________________________

Yuan's Comments

It seems like desserts that I try nowadays seem to be have chocolate ozing out - This is one of them. Generally its warm chocolate fudge within a tart coup with wild nettle, salted caramel, blood orange sorbet. Thus it is slightly sour. This is the flaw in this dessert. I personally feel that chocolate would be better sweet than to be slightly sour.
__________________________________________________________________

2am dessert bar
21A Lorong Liput
Holland Village
Singapore 277 733
Tel: 6291 9727
http://www.2amdessertbar.com/

Operating hours: 6pm to 2am (Mon to Sat)
Closed on Sundays

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin