Monday, September 22, 2008

Macarons at Atrium Deli

It has been quite some time since we last had macaroons. Macaroons are something pretty expensive but yet its satisfaction index is really low. Although it is sweet but somehow or rather Yuan and I end up eating more… Anyway, as mentioned in the few entries on the Atrium Deli, I was curious about the chocolate éclairs but apparently, they are not available off the shelves, pre-ordering is required.

These macaroons are packed in lovely Ikea jars and the vibrant colours of these mini babies are so tempting as a gift… The packaging also makes it the most expensive macaroons given how small they are… For $10 (excluding 7% GST), these bite-sized macaroons comes in 5 pieces and of course, 5 different flavours… namely, Orange, Lychee, Lemon, Pistachio and Chocolate…

For guys who don’t know what to get for girls and are tight on budget, I thought this was pretty lovely as a gift… At least, when I first saw it… I was going “Oh my god, they are so cute… so cute… so cute… Yuan, I want a 1 bottle”… Yah, after munching the macaroons, I thought the bottle was useless, oh well… females spend on impulse…


I guessed I leave it to Yuan to tell you how he finds the taste of them, macaroons to me has reached to a point where I will just comments on three things… “Sweet, Chewy, Nice flavours”… Yes, these are sweet but not that bad, some are chewy (e.g. orange, chocolate and pistachio) while some are hollow and crispy (e.g. lychee and lemon) and orange and lemon are the most distinctive flavours…

Yuan's comments

The first impression I had of these Macarons was that they were kept in frozed bottles. The bottle was rather cold when I picked it up. Next was that these macarons are really expensive. $10 for pieces of 5 but they are so mini that I consider them to be half the typical macaron. As for the taste, honestly it didn't leave much of an impression but Fen was telling me that that it tasted like a miniture version of the ones from Obolo. Overall I think the texture was there and has this slight chewy feeling. But I doubt I will purchase it again as there are better macarons out there.

Atrium Deli
Pan Pacific Singapore
7 Raffles Boulevard Marina Square
Singapore 039595
Tel: 6826 8240

Operating hours - 7am to 9pm (Daily)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin