Saturday, September 13, 2008

Royale Noisette from Royal Plaza Gourmet Carousel

Dark chocolate mousse on a crispy hazelnut biscuit and feuilletine with a vanilla custard insert.
It always stirs my curiosity whenever I come across similar pastries names used in different cafes and frankly speaking, I have never pay attention to these names until I started this blog. Since I intend to share my cake experience with others, I feel that I must at least get my definitions right.


Since I have come across the term "noisette" a couple of times, I decided to google this word out. Truly indeed, Beurre noisette is actually in French means "hazelnut butter", or loosely translated as "brown butter". So don't be surprised if you come across this term as it is frequently used in French pastry production.

______________________________________________________________

Fen's comments

I do like this creation but having ate so many chocolate mousse these few months, I have to admit that I am alittle tired of this. Most of the hotels gives pretty smooth chocolate mousse and I really don't have much to comment. In short, this is nice, rich and creamy. Also, I like the crispy hazelnut biscuit that goes along with it. If you are like me that goes for smooth texture in a chocolate mousse, I guess this is worth a shot. I thought this was better than Le Royale but I guessed Yuan thinks like-wise.
______________________________________________________________

Yuan's comments

I would say that this cake taste similar to the Valrhona chocolate mousse cake from Hotel Intercontinental. Has a higher cake content as compared to other chocolate mousse. It is sort of moist and has a layer of hazelnut biscuit coated with caramel. For me, i prefer higher chocolate content over smoothness. Thus i would prefer the Le Royale over this.
______________________________________________________________

Gourmet Carousel
Royal Plaza on Scotts, Singapore
25 Scotts Road
Singapore 228220
Tel: 65897799
http://dining.royalplaza.com.sg/

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin