Friday, April 25, 2008

No. 8 - Le Royale at Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie

Le Royale

Appearance wise looks abit like the typical hazelnut chocolate cake. It has a layer of hazelnut. It is suppose to have some alcohol content according to other reviews but I could not taste it all. Chocolate wise, the chocolate is rich and nice. However the down side is that the cake is a little rough. Thus i think the one from the Line (Shangri La) and BakerZin is better.

Yuan gives 8/10
________________________________________________________

Fen's comments

When I first see the description on the Sunday Times article (50 yummiest cakes, April 06, 2008), I knew I got to try this cake. To refresh, this cake was described as

"Made of 64% dark chocolate, this deep, dark cake has a touch of rum to give the eater a nice buzz"

This cake has a crunchy hazelnut taste and frankly speaking, there is no rum taste at all. The chocolate, no doubt is really rich and it doesn't give a heaty after-taste. The cake is not as smooth as some of the other chocolate mousse cake I have tried.
I would say, smoothness is pretty important for cake as so, my rating for Le Royale would be 8/10. I don't mind coming back for a 2nd visit but definitely not my first choice.

Sold at $7 per slice, not including GST or service charge

Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie
11 Unity Street Robertson Walk
#01-09
Singapore 237995
Tel: 6738-8145

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin