Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tarts & Pies @ Aerin's

Was surprised by the size of the Aerin's Apple and Rhubarb Pie. Not sure how many they intend to feed in a serving. Anyway, we do like the vanilla bean ice-cream. Smooth and sufficiently flavoured. The puff pastry is worth a praise for its thin and flaky texture.

Alright, enough of praises. If this is strictly an apple pie, we are ok with it but to include rhubarb and dates in its filling was an acquired taste. Why so? It reminds us of the conventional chinese chicken soup base. Enough said.

The pie and the tart

I have wanted to try the lemon tart from B Bakery but Yuan stopped me from it. Moreover, my sister gave me the astonished look when I mentioned about my choice of dessert. Anyway, this picky tongue of her didn't like Tarte Citron from Canelé but actually found this good.

Hai, despite the lovely meringue crown, we didn't do a good job of taking a picture of this but trust me, given a non-lemon tart lover, I felt that the lemony flavour from its filling lacks the sharp sour taste which I dread. Moreover, the butter crisp crust and the sweet fluffy meringue simply changes my mind towards this dessert. Definitely enjoy the not-so-sweet whimsical dollops of soft meringue...


Aerin's
252 North Bridge Road
Raffles City Shopping Centre
#B1-11/12
Singapore 179103
Tel: 63372231

Operating hours - 11:30am to 10pm daily
(Not sure why they were closed before 8pm on the day of our visit)
http://www.aerins.com.sg/

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin