Saturday, May 10, 2008

No. 34 , Strawberry Shortcake from Rive Gauche

"With whipped cream and fresh strawberries sandwiched between sponge cake, this confection is fresh and light."

I always thought that BakerZin is an informidable opponent in any cakes they have made but when I ate this back to back after BakerZin. I finally felt a difference, the vanilla sponge is softer than BakerZin, making it the lightest vanilla sponge I have ever eaten. In terms of the cream, I can't really tell the difference but this is definitely a cheaper alternative if you are carving for vanilla chiffon topped with fresh cream, only $2.80 per slice.

Rive Gauche [http://www.pokkafood.com.sg/gauche/]

Takashimaya Food Hall
391 Orchard Road, Basement 2
#B207-9/2 Ngee Ann City
Takashimaya Department Store
Singapore 238873
Tel: 68874579

Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road
#B2-57, Plaza Singapura
Singapore 238839
Tel: 63419936

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin