Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tarte Citron @ Canele

Tarte Citron

Two visits to Canele within a week and I had this on both occassion. I am never a fan of Lemon Meringue Tart since I dread the sharp and tangy lemon curd. Moreover, meringue is nothing but sugar and egg white so...

Having heard many praises about Canele's Tarte Citron ($5.50+), I shouldn't doubt about this creation. True enough, the lemon curd is smooth and not exceedingly sour. The Italian meringue though not the fluffiest I have tried but good enough to neutralize the tangy lemon curd. Almond tart pastry is crisp but not as buttery and fragrant like K ki's and Patisserie Glace's.

Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie
Shaw Centre
1 Scotts Road
#01-01A, Shaw Centre
Singapore 228208
Tel: 6738 9020
Website

2 comments:

G said...

Chanced upon your blog and this post on the Tarte Citron, which is a favourite of mine at Canele. I never knew that there were many dessert lovers who blog in Singapore. It is a joy reading your posts!

Fen said...

Thank you for your compliment.

Hope I have tempted you enough to indulge in more desserts =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin