Sunday, May 2, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake @ Canele

Having ate Kki's strawberry shortcake the previous evening, I can't help but to try Canele's strawberry shortcake to compare the difference.

Strawberry Shortcake @ Canele

Those who prefer cakes with "body" will like this one but for me, I prefer my strawberry shortcake to be lighter, be it the sponge or the cream.

Unlike Kki's version, the genoise adopted by Canele is drier with a coarser crumb and is soaked in syrup to moisten it. Cream seems to be richer in fats and hence isn't extremely light and fluffy like Kki's and Pâtisserie Glacé's.

Having tried so many strawberry shortcake in Singapore, I realize I have not eaten a traditional shortcake, apparently it should be somewhat like a scone, hence different from a sponge.

Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie
Shaw Centre
1 Scotts Road
#01-01A, Shaw Centre
Singapore 228208
Tel: 6738 9020
Website

2 comments:

Sweetdb said...

You seem to like strawberry shortcakes a lot..hehehe

Fen said...

Yea, strawberry shortcake has always been an all-time favourite of mine and I have a couple of them back to back to appreciate the difference between a genoise sponge and a regular sponge adopted by different patisseries. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin