Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas Splendor from BakerZin

Christmas has always been my favourite festival and since young I have always look forward to celebrating this occassion. Those who know me long enough will know why.



Anyway, when I dropped by BakerZin early on, I saw their Christmas series and just by looking at Christmas log cakes just make me smile. Although BakerZin's series does not look like the conventional log cakes but somehow or rather it reminds me that Christmas is coming closer. Wow, the year is coming to an end and time really flies, isn't it.


Yuan was looking for his Chocolate Amer but alas, it was sold out and Christmas Splendor caught his attention. This is basically a chocolate almond sponge cake soaked in kirsch, layered with chocolate mousse, chantilly cream, dark cherries and brandied cherries. On the contuary, Chocolat Grand caught my attention, maybe I will try it on my next visit.
______________________________________________________________

Fen's comments

This reminds me of the Forest Noir (aka Blackforest) of BakerZin. Though it is not chocolately enough to my liking, the overall combination is pretty tempting to finish. The chocolate mousse with brandied berries compliments well as the taste of the mild chocolate mousse interlocks with the alcoholic taste of the berries. The cake sponge is soft, thereby adding some txture to the mousse while the chantilly cream neutralizes the overall taste.
______________________________________________________________

Yuan's comments

This is one of the Xmas log cakes released by Bakerzin this year. I really liked the combination of the Christmas Splendor. A layer of chocolate, chantilly cream mixed with berries soaked in alcohol and finally chocolate mousse. Those who love the chocolate and alcohol combination will love this. Try it before the season is over.
______________________________________________________________

BakerZin, United Square
101 Thomson Road
#01-07/60 United Square
Singapore 307591
Tel: 6251 5550

Operating hours - 10:30 am - 10 pm (Sun to Thur)
10:30 am - 11 pm (Fri, Sat & Eve of Public Holiday)
http://www.bakerzin.com/

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin